This chocolate cake is deeply chocolatey and incredibly moist. It surprises me every single time with how good it is for something so easy.
- Flour:160g or 1 cup +4 tbsp
- Butter:200g or 1 cup – 2 tbsp or 2 sticks – 2 tbsp
- Sugar:200g or 1 cup
- Eggs :3
- Cocoa powder:40g or 6 tbsp
- Vanilla Extract:1 tsp
- Baking powder:1 1/4 tsp
- Chopped Chocolate:175-200g Approximately 1 cup
We can prepare the cake batter in three simple steps
1.Mix together all the powdered ingredients
Into a bowl, add in the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder.Mix them together so that the baking powder gets evenely distributed in the four.
2.Mix together all the rest of the ingredients in another bowl
In to a bowl, add in the softened unsalted butter and sugar.Cream them together until they become light and fluffy.
Add the vanilla extract and eggs (one at a time).
3.Combine the wet and dry ingredients
Add the dry ingredients into the bowl and combine them together.
We need to add the chopped chocolates into this and mix them together.
Now our cake batter is ready.
Transfer the batter on to a greased baking pan.
Take it into the oven
Bake the chocolate cake at 350 F for 60-70 minutes
You can check the doneness of cake, by poking a skewer into the center of the cake and if comes out clean, our cake is done.
If you want to top the chocolate cake with some chocolate ganache ,you can make it in a few minutes.
How to make chocolate sauce for topping the chocolate cake
Just pour in 120 ml or 1/2 cup of hot heavy whipping cream to 130g or 3/4 cup of finely chopped chocolate.
Whisk them while it is still hot.
The chocolate will melt in a minute and you will get a beautiful chocolate sauce.
It will thicken upon cooling.
If the chocolate is not finely chopped, there are chances that they may not melt evenly and the sauce will have few lumps here and there.
So take care to chop the chocolate finely.
Watch the video to see how easy it is make moist chocolate cake
Can I add coffee to this moist chocolate cake
Just add 1-2 tablespoon of instant coffee powder to 10 ml of warm water add it into the wet ingredients when it is cooled.
Now you will get a deeper chocolate flavor to our chocolate cake.
Can I add chocolate chips instead to chopped chocolate in this easy moist chocolate cake recipe
Yes you can add chocolate chips instead of chopped chocolate.
Why do we need to immediately take the batter to bake once we prepare the chocolate cake batter
Most baking powder that we use are double-acting which means it reacts to liquid and heat and happens in two stages. The first reaction takes place when you add the baking powder to the batter and it is moistened. One of the acid salts reacts with the baking soda and produces carbon dioxide gas. The second reaction takes place when the batter is placed in the oven. The gas cells expand causing the batter to rise.
So its better to take the batter immediately into the oven, once we form the cake batter.
How can I make the Berry sauce
Its so easy to make the berry sauce.
Into a saucepan add 1/3 cup of water and 1/4 cup of sugar and bring it to boil and until it forms a syrup consistency.
Then add in 1 and half cup of fresh or frozen berries.
Wait for until the moisture evaporates and you will get a thick berry sauce.
If I dont have baking powder,can I use baking soda insted of baking powder?
In this recipe, take out 1 egg and then use 1/4 cup yogurt and then instead of baking powder use 1/2 tsp baking soda.Baking soda need some acidic ingredient in the cake batter to react.
Watch the video to see how to make chocolate chip banana bread
Easy Chocolate Cake :Printable Recipe
Easy Moist Chocolate Cake Recipe
- 160 g Flour 1 cup+4 tbsp
- 40 g Cocoa powder 6 tbsp
- 200 g Butter 1 cup-2 tbsp or 2 sticks -2 tbsp
- 200 g Sugar 1 cup
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/4 tsp Baking powder
- 175-200 g Chocolate Approximately 1 cup
Prepare the chocolate cake batter
- Mix together the powdered ingredients.Into a bowl add in the flour,cocoa powder and baking powder and whisk them to form a homogenous mixture.
- Combine the wet ingredients in another bowl.Cream butter and sugar.Add the vanilla extract and eggs (one by one)
- Combine the wet and dry ingredientsTake care not to overmix the batter.As it can cause te gluten to develop which can result in tough and riubbery cake.
Bake the cake
- Bake @350F preheated oven for 60-70 minutes.Check the doneness of cake at around 60 minutes of baking by poking a skewer into the center of the cake and if it comes out clean, our cake is done.Top the cake with some chocolate ganache and have them with some berry sauce.Enjoy!