Brioche slider buns recipe will help you make super soft and delicious brioche buns in less than two hours.
This Brioche slider buns recipe is amazing.
We need only seven basic ingredients to make this Brioche burger buns.
The brioche buns are golden in colour, soft and light…they are super delicious.
For this quick and easy brioche buns recipe, we don’t need to proof the dough two times.So we can save a lot of our time.
Brioche Bun Ingredients
- Flour :357 g (2 3/4 cups loosely packed)
- Slightly warm milk (not hot) :112 ml (1/2 cup -1 tsp)
- 2 Eggs
- Butter :56g (4 tbsp)
- Yeast (instant/active dried yeast):3g or 1 tsp
- Sugar :30g or 2 1/2 tbsp
- Salt:6g or 1 tsp
How to make brioche slider buns or brioche burger buns
We can make easy brioche slider buns in 4 simple steps.
1.Prepare the dough
2.Divide and shape the dough
3.Proof the dough
4.Bake the brioche buns
1.PREPARE THE BRIOCHE BUN DOUGH
Into a bowl,lets add all our ingredients.
Add the milk,sugar,yeast,eggs,and salt.Stir and mix them all together.
Add the softened butter and flour.
To make it into a dough, we can either knead the dough by hand or by using a stand mixer.
As brioche dough contain more eggs and butter, it will be a little stickier than regular bread dough.
So it will be better to do the kneading with the help of a stand mixer.
I have kneaded challah bread dough and challah rolls dough which is a rich dough, very similar to a brioche dough, using hands.So if you are used to kneading by hand, then you will not find any issue kneading this brioche slider buns dough as well.
Attach the dough hook, and knead the dough for 5 minutes on low speed (1 & 2). Always make sure that you knead on low speed so that the motor will not get overheated.
Knead the dough until the dough become soft and elastic.
Only a well kneaded dough can produce soft brioche rolls .
How should I know my dough is kneaded well?
We can test the doneness of brioche bun dough.
If properly kneaded, the dough should stretch, without tearing or breaking, into a thin membrane that you can see through.
If we are using bread flour it is easy to attain this stage of dough (it may take around 10 minutes of kneading).As bread dough contains more proteins than all purpose flour.
But if we are using all purpose flour,it may take longer to attain this stage of perfection.
After 5 minutes of kneading,I covered the bowl with a damp cloth and let the dough rest for 5 minutes.
And then continued to knead for 5 more minutes to pass the window pane test.
Our bread would still be good and soft even if our dough didn’t pass this window pane test.
But if the dough passes the window pane test ,and the 70 minutes of proofing, then it is guaranteed that your brioche buns will be super soft and fluffy.
2.DIVIDE AND SHAPE THE BRIOCHE ROLLS DOUGH
Once our brioche roll dough is ready, divide the dough into 12 equal pieces.For more precision, we can use a kitchen scale to divide them equally.
If our brioche dough are of similar size, the brioche slider buns will rise and bake evenly in the oven.
Roll each piece of dough into small balls.
Flatten the dough.
Tuck in the edges towards the centre and roll the balls into small round balls.
Place the mini brioche rolls into a nonstick baking tray or on to parchment lined baking tray or on to a well greased baking tray.
3.PROOF THE BRIOCHE SLIDER BUNS DOUGH
Let the dough ball sit in a warm environment for about 70-75 minutes or until they puff up and get almost doubled in size.
After rising, brush the top of those mini brioche rolls with an egg wash.This will help to make our brioche buns shiny and golden brown in color when they are baked.
To make the egg wash, lightly beat 1 egg.
Now our mini brioche buns are ready to to go into the oven.
4.BAKE THE BRIOCHE SLIDER BUNS
Bake the brioche slider rolls in a 375 F or 190 C preheated oven for 20-22 minutes.
After baking you will get the best brioche slider buns which are golden brown in color, soft and delicious!
HOW CAN I SUBSTITUTE EGG IN THIS QUICK AND EASY BRIOCHE BUNS RECIPE?
Role of egg in bread making:
Eggs added to dough help with rising. A bread dough rich with egg will rise very high, because eggs are a leavening agent (think genoise or angel food cake). As well, the fats from the yolk help to tenderize the crumb and lighten the texture a bit. Eggs also contain the emulsifier lecithin. Lecithin can add to the overall consistency of the loaf.
So it is difficult to substitute something else for egg to get the same result.
As one egg is approximately 45 ml,just replace the same volume with milk or water.So you can add 3 tablespoon of water or milk in place of one egg.
WHAT CAN I USE INSTEAD OF MILK IN THIS EASY BRIOCHE BUNS RECIPE
You can use equal amount of plain water instead of milk in this easy brioche buns recipe.
You can also use vegan options like almond milk or soy milk instead of milk in this brioche slider rolls recipe.
BRIOCHE SLIDER BUNS RECIPE :Step by step Video
HOW TO STORE BRIOCHE SLIDER BUNS/BRIOCHE BURGER BUNS?
Once the mini brioche slider buns are completely cooled,place the brioche rolls in a plastic storage bag, or wrap in foil and store at room temperature.
Properly stored, these light brioche buns will last for about 3-4 days at normal room temperature.
In extremely warm, humid temperatures, the mini brioche sliders should be frozen for longer-term storage.
For freezing: Place the light brioche slider buns in a heavy-duty freezer bag or wrap the brioche burger buns tightly with aluminum foil or plastic freezer wrap and freeze.
Properly stored, they will maintain best quality for about 3 months.
HOW TO REHEAT BRIOCHE SLIDER BUNS/BRIOCHE BURGER BUNS
Thaw the homemade brioche slider buns and then brush/spray some water on the brioche buns and place them into a 350 F preheated oven for 5 minutes.
The brioche sliders will be soft and fresh and they smells too good.
Brioche Slider Buns Recipe
- 357 g Flour (2 3/4 cups loosely packed)
- 112 ml Slightly warm milk (not hot) (1/2 cup -1 tsp)
- 2 Eggs
- 56 g Butter (4 tbsp)
- 3 g Yeast (instant/active dried yeast) or 1 tsp
- 30 g Sugar 2 1/2 tbsp
- 6 g Salt or 1 tsp
PREPARE THE BRIOCHE BUN DOUGH
- Into a bowl,lets add all our ingredients.Add the milk,sugar,yeast,eggs,and salt.Stir and mix them all together.Add the softened butter and flour.To make it into a dough, we can either knead the dough by hand or by using a stand mixer.As brioche dough contain more eggs and butter, it will be a little stickier than regular bread dough.So it will be better to do the kneading with the help of a stand mixer.Knead the dough until the dough become soft and elastic.
DIVIDE AND SHAPE THE BRIOCHE BUN DOUGH
- Once our brioche roll dough is ready, divide the dough into 12 equal pieces.For more precision,we can use a kitchen scale to divide them equally.
- Roll each piece of dough into small balls.Flatten the dough.Tuck in the edges towards the centre and roll the balls into small round balls.Place the brioche rolls into a nonstick baking tray or on to parchment lined baking tray or on to a well greased baking tray.
PROOF THE BRIOCHE SLIDER BUNS DOUGH
- Let the dough ball sit in a warm environment for about 70-75 minutes or until they puff up and get almost doubled in size.After rising,brush the top of those rolls with an egg wash.This will help to make our brioche buns shiny and golden brown in colour when they are baked.To make the egg wash, lightly beat 1 egg.
BAKE THE BRIOCHE SLIDER BUNS
- Bake the brioche slider buns in a 375 F or 190 C preheated oven for 20-22 minutes.After baking you will get the best brioche slider buns which are golden brown in color, soft and delicious!