Rich fruit cake is something that we love to have especially during Christmas.Packed with so much dried fruits this traditional rich fruit cake is going to taste good from the day it is made. .
This Christmas Fruit cake Recipe is so simple and easy to make.
They are packed with fruits and flavor..they are so tasty,rich and moist.
This is the easiest version of making a Rich Christmas Fruit Cake.
In this recipe we will see how to make this wonderful christmas fruit cake in five simple steps.
One thing that I really love about this recipe is that we don’t need to soak the dry fruits which makes it so easy to do.
- Flour:220 gms
- Butter: 220 gms
- Brown sugar:220 gms
- Eggs: 3 large
- Baking powder:1 Tsp
- Salt:1/2 Tsp
- Vanilla Sugar:1 Tsp
- Zest of one lemon and orange
- 1 tsp of mixed spices
- 600-800 gms of mixed fruits and nuts
1.Cream Butter and Sugar
Add softened butter into a bowl and then add sugar and cream them together until light and fluffy.
2.Add eggs (one at a time)
Add eggs one by one.And if you are using vanilla extract ,you can add at this point.
3.Add in the flour mix (combination of baking powder,salt and vanilla sugar)
Now add in the flour mix into the bowl.
4.Add in the citrus zest,spices and dried fruits into the batter
Add in all the dry fruits and spice mix along with the citrus zest.This is something that adds to the smell and flavor of this rich fruit cake.
5.Bake it at 350 F preheated oven for 2-3 hours.
As this type of rich fruit cake requires longer baking time and little less baking temperature than normal cakes.Cooking times will vary from oven to oven
Keep the cake tin on the lower rack of the oven and after one hour of baking,Cover the top of the cake tin with an aluminum foil and continue baking .
After two hours,check the doneness of the cake by poking a skewer into the center of the cake and if it comes out clean,our cake is done!
Enjoy making this easy simple tasty christmas fruit cake:)
Watch the video to see how easy it is to make this rich fruit cake for christmas
If you dont want to use eggs in your fruit cake or if you have any egg allergy,you can check ,how to make eggless fruit cake.
We can also make this fruit cake by boiling the dry fruits which will definitely add more moistness to our cake.This boiled fruit cake recipe is also a favorite of many fruit cake lovers.
You can see the bread version of this fruit cake in this hot cross buns recipe,as it is flavored with spices and studded with raisins.
Rich Fruit Cake:Printable Recipe
Rich fruit cake
- 220 g Flour
- 220 g Butter
- 220 g Brown sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla Sugar
- Zest of one lemon and orange
- 1 tsp Ground mixed spices
- 600-800 g Mixed fruits and nuts
Prepare the Cake Batter
- Cream in the butter and sugar
- Add eggs one at a time
- Add the flour mixFlour+bakingpowder+vanilla sugar+salt
- Add in the dry fruits and spices and citrus zest
Bake the Cake
- Bake at 350F preheated oven for 2-3 hours
- This type of rich fruit cake require longer baking time than regular cakes.So we need to bake in amedium oven for 2-3 hours.Baking time may vary according to the oven.
- Keep the cake tin on the lower rack of the oven and after one hour of baking,Cover the top of the cake tin with an aluminum foil and continue baking .After 2 hour of baking you can check the doneness by poking a skewer into the center of the cake and if it comes out clean,our cake is done.