This Easy Pumpkin Bread Recipe makes a soft, moist loaf that’s full of flavor with lots of pumpkin and spice! It’s easy to make and made in a simple one bowl method. If you’re wondering how to make pumpkin bread, this amazing recipe is for you!
WHAT YOU WILL LOVE ABOUT THIS EASY PUMPKIN BREAD RECIPE
- It’s so easy to make.We can prepare the pumpkin bread batter in five minutes.We don’t require any special equipments to make this pumpkin bread batter.We need to spare only a single bowl to make this simple pumpkin bread.
- The texture of this easy pumpkin bread is absolutely soft, moist and tender.
- This pumpkin bread is not overly sweet and it smells amazing with those aromatic spices.
INGREDIENTS FOR EASY PUMKIN BREAD
- Pumpkin puree :300-310 g or 1 and 1/4 cup
- Flour :260g or 2 cups
- 2 Eggs
- Oil :120 ml or 1/2 cup
- Sugar :Brown sugar 100 g (1/2 cup)+White sugar 150g(1 and 1/4 cups)
- Baking soda :1/2 tsp
- Baking powder :1 tsp
- Salt :1/2 tsp
- Yogurt/Buttermilk:60g or 1/4 cup
- Cinnamon Powder :1 tsp
- Ground Spice mix :1 tsp(ground cloves, nutmeg,cardamom,dry ginger)
- Vanilla extract :1 tsp
We can use either canned pumpkin puree or homemade pumpkin puree.Its easy to prepare homemade pumpkin puree.Just slice the pumpkin in half and remove the seeds.Place the pumpkin with the cut side down on to a baking sheet.Roast until the fish is soft.Usually it will take around 45 minutes at 400 F.Blend the soft pumpkin to form a puree.
We can use any kind of oil to make this easy pumpkin bread.If you don’t like the smell and flavor of oil, use flavorless oil.While using melted butter or coconut oil, just make sure all our ingredients are at room temperature.If there are cold ingredients, then the butter /coconut oil will get solidified and the batter may get curdled.
HOW TO MAKE PUMPKIN BREAD
It is so simple and easy to make this pumpkin bread batter.
In to a bowl add in the sugar,ground spices,salt,eggs,oil,vanilla extract,yogurt/buttermilk and pumpkin puree and mix everything together to form a homogenous mixture.
Combine the baking Soda and baking powder with flour until the leaveners are evenly distributed in the flour.
Mix together the flour mix into the liquid batter to form our pumpkin bread batter.
Take care not to over mix the batter after adding the flour.If we over mix ,the gluten strands will start to develop, which can result in tough and rubbery bread.
Transfer the pumpkin bread batter on to a greased loaf pan.
Pan Size :9 inch x 5 inch slight variation in size is okay.
Smooth the surface with a spatula.Sprinkle the top with pumpkin seeds(optional).
Bake at 325 F or 165 C preheated oven for 55-60 minutes.
If your pan size is different the baking time may vary slightly.If the pan is wider or bigger ,then the baking duration will be (about 10 minutes) lesser.
Check the doneness by poking a skewer in to the center of bread and if it comes out clean, our cake is done.
Enjoy delicious pumpkin bread!
CAN I SKIP YOGURT IN THIS PUMPKIN BREAD RECIPE
I would suggest you not to skip yogurt (but you can substitute yogurt with a few other ingredients) in this pumpkin bread recipe.
WHAT CAN I USE INSTEAD OF YOGURT IN THIS PUMPKIN BREAD RECIPE
You can use an acidic ingredient like sour cream, buttermilk, greek yogurt or flavored yogurt in place of yogurt.
You can prepare yogurt by adding two teaspoons of lemon juice into 1/4 cup of milk and can be used in this recipe as well.
IS IT NECESSARY TO USE BOTH BAKING POWDER AND BAKING SODA WHILE MAKING PUMPKIN BREAD
It depends according to the other ingredients in the recipe.
In this pumpkin bread recipe, we used two kinds of chemical leaveners, baking soda and baking powder.As pumpkins are kind of heavy ingredient, we need a “double” lift to make the pumpkin bread lighter and fluffier.And when adding baking soda, we need to add an acidic ingredient to compliment its action.Which is yogurt in this recipe.
If the baking soda in the recipe is more than what is required, the banana bread may taste somewhat “soapy”.
If we are not using yogurt and baking soda in this recipe, we need to add 2 tsp of baking powder in this recipe.
The correct understanding of the action of baking powder and baking soda help us to bake wonderful cakes and other baking goods.
WHAT CAN I USE INSTEAD OF EGGS IN THIS PUMPKIN BREAD RECIPE
In this pumpkin bread recipe, you can use an extra
1/4 cup pumpkin puree or 1/4 cup apple sauce + 1/4 cup yogurt and 1/2 tsp baking soda,in place of 2 eggs .
So we need to use a total of 1 tsp baking soda,1/2 cup yogurt and 1 1/2 cup pumpkin puree if we are not using eggs.The rest of the recipe remains same.
ie,In place of an egg, we use equivalent volume(30-40 ml) of an acidic ingredient and 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda.
CAN I FREEZE THIS PUMPKIN LOAF
Yes, this pumpkin bread freezes great.
Once the pumpkin bread has cooled completely, wrap it tightly with plastic freezer wrap and place in a freezer bag. You can even wrap individual slices and reheat slices at a time and not the whole loaf.
HOW TO STORE PUMPKIN LOAF
You can wrap your pumpkin bread tightly in plastic wrap or store in an air tight container at room temperature. It should last well for 2-3 days.
You can pop it in the fridge to extend the life of the pumpkin bread to about a week.
THIS PUMPKIN LOAF RECIPE IS ADAPTED FROM OUR CHOCOLATE CHIP BANANA BREAD RECIPE
WATCH THE VIDEO TO SEE HOW TO MAKE EASY PUMPKIN BREAD
Easy Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- 300 g Pumpkin Puree 1 1/4 cup
- 260 g Flour 2 cups
- 2 Eggs
- 120 ml Oil 1/2 cup
- 100 g Brown Sugar 1/2 cup
- 150 g White sugar 3/4 cup
- 60 g Yogurt/Buttermilk 1/4 cup
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp Ground Nutmeg+cloves+dry ginger+cardamom
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- In to a bowl add in the sugar,ground spices,salt,eggs,oil,vanilla extract,yogurt/buttermilk and pumpkin puree and mix everything together to form a homogenous mixture.Combine the baking Soda and baking powder with flour until everything is evenly distributed in the flour.Mix together the flour mix into the liquid batter to form our pumkin bread batter.Transfer the pumpkin bread batter on to a greased loaf pan.Sprinkle the top with pumpkin seeds(optional).Bake at 325 F preheated oven for 55-60 minutes.Check the doneness by poking a skewer in to the center of bread and if it comes out clean,our cake is done.Enjoy delicious pumpkin bread!