These No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies made with peanut butter, oatmeal and cocoa powder are the quickest, tastiest, no bake cookies that we can make at home.These easy, Classic No-Bake Cookies are one of our family favorites.
WHAT I LOVE ABOUT THIS NO BAKE CHOCOLATE OATMEAL COOKIES
- This No bake cookies are super easy to make!
- The Cookies are absolutely delicious..
- We don’t need to bake them in oven.
- We can make this cookies very fast .Cookie dough can be made in ten minutes and they will set in another twenty minutes.
- This no bake cookie recipe can be made with only eight staple ingredients
- This No bake chocolate oatmeal cookie Recipe is so simple that ,We don’t require any special equipments to make this cookies.
NO BAKE OATMEAL COOKIES INGREDIENTS
- Oats :240g or 3 cups
- Butter:113g or 1/2 cup or 1 stick
- Sugar:250g or 1 and 1/4 cups
- Milk:120 ml or 1/2 cup
- A pinch of salt
- Peanut butter:160g or 2/3 cup
- Vanilla extract:1 tsp
HOW TO MAKE NO BAKE CHOCOLATE OATMEAL COOKIES
Things to do before making the no bake cookies
- Make sure you have all of your ingredients measured and ready to go. This will make the cookie process a lot smoother.
- Make sure you line two baking sheets with parchment paper (as we are making 24 cookies) before you start making the cookies. This will make the process easy because as soon as the cookies come together, you want to put them onto the prepared baking sheets to set.
To make this classic no bake cookies, add the butter, granulated sugar, milk, a pinch of salt and cocoa powder in a medium sauce pan.
Take it on to the stove top and cook over medium heat, bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Once the mixture starts to boil, wait for one minute to get rolling boil, boiling around the edges and in the middle as in the video.
Now, remove the pan from the heat and stir in the oats, peanut butter and vanilla extract until fully combined.
Drop the cookie mixture onto the prepared baking sheets(about 2 tablespoons per cookie or if you want big cookies use 3 tablespoons).When it cool down, cover the tray with a plastic film and place the tray in freezer for 20 minutes or until the cookies firm and set.
I found the no bake chocolate peanut butter oatmeal cookies more soft and delicious ,when the cookies are allowed to stand on the counter at room temperature for a few minutes once they are out of the freezer.
HOW TO STORE THIS CLASSIC NO BAKE COOKIES
Store the cookies in an airtight container for up to 3 to 4 days on the counter or in the fridge according to the climate.If the place is hot, place them in refrigerator.
CAN I USE CRUNCHY PEANUT BUTTER TO MAKE THIS NO BAKE OATMEAL COOKIES
Yes you use crunchy peanut butter to make this no bake chocolate oatmeal cookies.
It gives more crunchiness to the oatmeal cookies and a feel and taste very similar to the chocolate “Snickers”.
Personally I love the no bake oatmeal cookies made with crunchy peanut butter 🙂
CAN I USE OLD FASHIONED ROLLED OATS TO MAKE THIS NO BAKE CHOCOLATE OATMEAL COOKIES
Yes you can make this no bake oatmeal cookies with old fashioned rolled oats.But I found them to be much chewier in texture.And so I really recommend using quick cooking oats to make this no bake oatmeal cookies.
Though I didn’t try this way,I guess it would be better if we can crush the rolled oats in a processor or blender to make them more suitable to be used in No bake cookies.
CAN I USE ALMOND BUTTER OR SUNFLOWER SEED BUTTER INSTEAD OF PEANUT BUTTER IN THIS NO BAKE COOKIE RECIPE
Yes you can use almond butter or sunflower seed butter instead of peanut butter in this no bake chocolate oatmeal cookies.
CAN I USE ALMOND MILK OR SOYA MILK INSTEAD OF REGULAR MILK IN THIS CLASSIC NO BAKE OATMEAL COOKIE RECIPE
Yes you can use almond milk or soya milk instead of regular milk in this no bake chocolate oatmeal cookie recipe.
HOW TO MAKE THIS NO BAKE OATMEAL COOKIE MORE FUDGY IN TEXTURE
This No bake chocolate oatmeal cookies can be adjusted by increasing the amount of peanut butter to 3/4 cup and reducing the amount of butter to 1/4 cup, we can make the cookies more fudgy.
DO THIS NO BAKE CHOCOLATE OATMEAL COOKIES SET AT ROOM TEMPERATURE
This no bake chocolate oatmeal cookies will not set at room temperature.
We need to keep the cookies in freezer for a few minutes to get them set.
Once they are set in freezer, we can keep it outside at room temperature.
HOW LONG DO THE NO BAKE OATMEAL COOKIES LAST AT ROOM TEMPERATURE
Keep the cookies in freezer and take it out and bring back to room temperature; they taste delicious.
We can keep them covered in an airtight container at room temperature for 3 days in hot weather. (Sorry that I didn’t get a chance to test for more days).
Personally I found the cookies tasted even more delicious in the next days. They have soft, chocolatey texture and if made with crunchy peanut butter, it gives a nice crunch to our cookies.
HOW CAN I MAKE NO BAKE OATMEAL COOKIES MORE CRISP AND MAKE THEM SET AT ROOM TEMPERATURE
If you are okay with using more sugar, you can adjust the recipe by adding up to 2 cups of sugar and the cookies will be able to set at room temperature.
The boiled sugar syrup really acts like a binder in these kind of no bake cookies.And like candies, the sugar syrup when cooled gives a more crispier texture to these no bake peanut butter oatmeal cookies.
Personally I found the amount of sugar added in this recipe is just perfect and that is why I didn’t add more sugar.
WATCH THE VIDEO TO SEE HOW EASY IT IS MAKE THIS NO BAKE CHOCOLATE OATMEAL COOKIES
You may also like these oatmeal recipes
DELICIOUS OATMEAL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
You may also like these chocolate recipes
No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
- 240 g Oats or 3 cups.Recommend using quick cooking oats
- 250 g Sugar or 1 and 1/4 cups
- 120 ml Milk or 1/2 cup
- 113 g Butter or 1/2 cup or 1 stick
- 25 g Cocoa powder 1/4 cup
- 160 g Peanut Butter 2/3 cup
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Add the butter,sugar,milk,cocoa powder and a pinch of salt into a sauce pan.Take it on to the stove top and cook over medium heat, bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Once the mixture starts to boil, wait for one minute to get rolling boil, boiling around the edges and in the middle as in the video.Remove from the heat and stirr in the peanut butter,vanilla extract and oats into this and combine them together to form the no bake chocolate oatmeal cookie mixture.Now drop spoonful of cookie mix onto the prepared parchment lined baking tray.Let them cool down for a few minutes.Cover the tray with a plastic film and place it in the freezer for about 20 minutes or until the cookies are firm and set.Take the cookies out and bring back to room temperature ..so that you can enjoy soft and delicious no bake chocolate oatmeal cookies.Enjoy !