These delicious banana oatmeal muffins are made with whole grain oatmeal and juicy well ripened, bananas. It’s a delicious moist muffin filled with banana and oatmeal, and is perfect to have as breakfast banana muffins.
WHAT I lOVE ABOUT THIS BANANA OATMEAL MUFFINS
Banana oat muffins are super easy to make and we can make them in less than 30 minutes.
This banana oatmeal muffins recipe use oats and so it’s gluten free.
These banana oat muffins and so moist, light,fluffy and super delicious.
These banana oat muffins are a great choice of breakfast muffins, as they are energy packed muffins which can supply sufficient energy for our body.
It’s so good that we can have something which is super delicious and at the same time packed with lots of nutrients and fibers.
INGREDIENTS needed for making Banana Oatmeal muffins
- Oats : 2 cups or 200g
- Baking powder :1 tsp
- Baking soda :1/2 tsp
- Salt :1/4 tsp
- Cinnamon Powder :1/2 tsp
- Banana : 3 (Well Ripe)
- Oil :1/2 cup (125 ml)
- Sugar/honey :1/2 cup(brown or white)
- Vanilla Extract :1 tsp
- Eggs :2
- Raisins/chocolate chips/walnuts or a mix of raisins and walnut :1 cup
HOW TO MAKE BANANA OAT MUFFINS
Let’s start by preheating the oven to 375 F and by preparing our muffin tin with parchment cupcake liners.
We use ground oats or oat flour in this banana oat muffin recipe.
So if you have oat flour, you can use it or else grind the oats to make oats flour using a blender or food processor.
Now, Combine all the dry ingredients together.
Into a bowl, add in the oats flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon powder.
Mix everything together and keep it aside.
In another bowl, mash the well ripened bananas.
Add the sugar, eggs ,oil, raisins and walnuts and vanilla extract into it.Mix them all together to form a uniform mixture.
Now let’s combine the wet and dry ingredients together.
So add in the flour mix into the wet mix and combine them all together to form our oatmeal banana muffin batter.
Transfer the batter onto the prepared muffin tray.
Bake the healthy banana bread muffins at 375 F for 22-24 minutes.
If you don’t add any raisins or nuts, your muffins will need slightly lesser baking time.So the muffins will be ready in about 20 minutes of baking.
HOW DO YOU KNOW WHEN BANANA MUFFINS ARE DONE
We can use a toothpick to check for doneness on any baked recipe. To check for doneness, stick a toothpick into the muffins and pull out. If the toothpick is still wet it means the muffins are still raw and not done. If the toothpick comes out dry and clean, the muffins are ready and baked through.
HOW LONG DO BANANA OATMEAL MUFFINS LAST
At room temperature, freshly baked oatmeal banana muffins will last 2-3 days.
They will last for 7 days when stored in the fridge and up to 2 months in the freezer.
HOW TO STORE THIS HEALTHY BANANA BREAD MUFFINS
Cool muffins completely before storing them.
- At Room Temperature. Place muffins in a paper towel-lined storage container and store at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- To Freeze. Wrap muffins individually in plastic wrap and place them in an airtight freezer-safe storage container for up to 2 months. Wrap the muffins individually so you can grab them one at a time to reheat in the microwave.
Can I skip adding sugar in this banana oatmeal muffins
Yes you can skip adding sugar and make this banana oat muffins.
I made a batch without any added sugar and the banana oat muffins turned out really well.
One thing I noticed is that, they were not as sweet on the next day.So its best to have this kind of “no added sugar, banana oat muffins” when they are freshly baked.
Can I add Chocolate chips into this Banana Oat muffins
Yes ,you can add chocolate chips instead of raisins and walnuts.
I would suggest you to reduce the amount of sugar to 1/4 cup or according to your preference, as most of the chocolate chips are sweetened.
What kind of oats can I use to make this banana oat muffins
We can use Old Fashioned Rolled Oats or Quick cooking Oats in this oat muffin recipe.
I could not find any difference in the texture and taste of those muffins made with rolled oats or instant oats.May be because we use oats flour or powdered oats in this oat muffin recipe.
You May Also like this,
Watch the video to see how easy it is to make banana oatmeal muffins
More Favorite Oatmeal Recipes,
Easy Banana Oatmeal Muffins Recipe
- 2 cups Oats 200 g
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 3 Banana (Well Ripe)
- 1/2 cup Oil (120 ml)
- 1/2 cup Sugar/honey 100 g
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Raisins/chocolate chips/walnuts or a mix of raisins and walnut
- Let's start by preheating the oven to 375 F and by preparing our muffin tin with parchment cupcake liners.
- We use oat flour in this banana oat muffins recipe.So if you have oat flour, you can use it or else grind the oats to make oats flour using a blender or food processor.
- Combine all the dry ingredients together.Into a bowl, add in the oats flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon powder.Mix everything together and keep it aside.
- In another bowl, mash the well ripened bananas.Add the sugar, eggs ,oil, raisins and walnuts and vanilla extract into it.Mix them all together to form a uniform mixture.Now let's combine the wet and dry ingredients together.So add in the flour mix into the wet mix and combine them all together to form our oatmeal banana muffin batter.
- Transfer the batter onto the prepared muffin tray
- Bake the healthy banana bread muffins at 375 F for 22-24 minutes.If you dont add raisins or nuts,you will need only about 20 minutes of baking.