This Recipe for oatmeal cookies will help you make gluten free oatmeal cookies that are soft and not overly sweet.
In this oatmeal cookie recipe we use only a few ingredients and this oat cookies are made without flour.
What you will love about this quick oat cookies recipe
- It’s gluten free,healthy oatmeal cookies made without flour
- It’s made with only 5 basic ingredients
- We don’t need any special equipments to make this easy oat cookies
- We don’t need to wait for the oatmeal cookie dough to chill before baking
- This oatmeal cookies are easy to make,healthy and tastes delicious!
Ingredients we use in this easy oatmeal cookie recipe
- Oats :150g or 1 and 1/2 cups
- Sugar :50g or 1/4 cup
- Butter :113g or 1/2 cup
- 1 Egg
- Vanilla Sugar/Vanilla extract/cinnamon powder/cardamom powder :1/2 tsp
For topping the cookies you can use chopped nuts or raisins or cranberry or other dry fruits or chocolate chips (optional)
How to make the best oatmeal cookies
This oatmeal cookies can be made in a very simple method.
We use crushed or coarsely ground oats in this recipe for oatmeal cookies.
So before making the oatmeal cookie dough, let’s pulse the oats in a food processor or blender until it is coarsely ground.
1.Prepare the oatmeal cookie dough
Now Let’s prepare the oatmeal cookie dough.
Into a bowl add in the softened butter and sugar.
Mix and combine until it forms a homogenous cream.
Now add in the egg and whisk together.
Add the flavor you like to add into the oat cookies.
Here I used vanilla flavor.We can use vanilla sugar or vanilla extract.We can use cardamom powder or cinnamon powder instead.
Now add in the coarsely ground oats into this.Mix and combine, until it forms a cookie dough.
2.Shape the oatmeal cookies
As this is a thick cookie dough, it will not spread much while baking and so we don’t need to chill or keep it in fridge before baking.
Scoop the cookie dough using an ice cream scoop or here I have used 1 tbsp measuring spoon to scoop the cookie dough.
I greased the spoon with some oil so that the oatmeal cookie dough can be released easily from the spoon.
Place the cookie dough on a parchment lined baking sheet.
Keep about an inch space between the cookie dough as they have enough space to puff up while baking in the oven.
To make the oatmeal cookies to look more appealing to our eyes and to make them taste even better, let’s top them with some nuts or raisins or chocolate chips.
We can top the oatmeal cookie dough with chocolate chips to make chocolate oatmeal cookies.Raisins on top to make some oatmeal raisin cookies.
The chocolate chip oatmeal cookies are my kids all time favorite.We can top them with any of our favorite ingredients like chopped nuts or dry fruits.
Bake the cookies
Bake the cookies in a 375F preheated oven for 12-14 minutes.
The baking duration may vary according to the size of the cookies.Bigger cookies need more baking time.
Note that the cookies will seem underdone ,right out of the oven. That’s okay, they will firm up as they cool.
Remove from the oven and cool on the baking sheet for 3-4 minutes, then transfer the cookies to a wire rack to finish cooling.
They will be quite soft until completely cooled.
Video Recipe for Oatmeal Cookies
How to make this oatmeal cookies into a more soft and chewy oatmeal cookies
Adding brown sugar instead of white sugar, will make this oatmeal cookies more soft and chewy.
HOW TO MAKE OATMEAL COOKIES AHEAD OF TIME
We can keep the oat cookie dough in fridge or in freezer.
How to chill the oatmeal cookie dough and make oat cookies from it
This oatmeal cookie dough will keep covered in the fridge for up to 2 days. Allow it to return to room temperature before scooping and baking.
How to freeze the oatmeal cookie dough and make oat cookies from it
We can make the oatmeal cookie dough ahead of time and then shape them and freeze…ie we can freeze the shaped cookie dough!
I actually love doing this because you can have freshly baked cookies in minutes.
I suggest dropping by spoonfuls on a parchment lined pan and freeze. Once frozen, transfer to a freezer bag or container.They will remain good for up to 6 weeks in freezer.
To bake from frozen, simply take out as many as you need and allow cookies to sit at room temperature for about a few minutes (I usually keep them outside on counter ,just until when the oven got pre heated) prior to baking.
You might also like these oatmeal cookie recipes
Chocolate chip oatmeal cookies
Healthy Banana Oatmeal cookies
Easy No Bake Chocolate oatmeal cookie recipe
Or Other Oatmeal Muffins recipe
Or this Oatmeal Bread Recipe
Recipe for oatmeal cookies
- 150 g Oats or 1 and 1/2 cups
- 50 g Sugar or 1/4 cup
- 113 g Butter or 1/2 cup
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Sugar or Vanilla extract/cinnamon powder/cardamom powder :1/2 tsp
Prepare the oatmeal cookie dough
- Into a bowl add in the softened butter and sugar.Mix and combine until it forms a homogenous cream.Now add in the egg and whisk together.Add the flavor you like to add into the oat cookies.Here I used vanilla flavor.We can use vanilla sugar or vanilla extract.We can use cardamom powder or cinnamon powder instead.Now add in the coarsely ground oats into this.Mix and combine, until it forms a cookie dough.
Shape the oatmeal cookies
- As this is a thick cookie dough, it will not spread much while baking and so we don’t need to chill or keep it in fridge before baking.Scoop the cookie dough using an ice cream scoop or here I have used 1 tbsp measuring spoon to scoop the cookie dough.I greased the spoon with some oil so that the oatmeal cookie dough can be released easily from the spoon.Place the cookie dough on a parchment lined baking sheet.Keep about an inch space between the cookie dough as they have enough space to puff up while baking in the oven.To make the oatmeal cookies to look more appealing to our eyes, let’s top them with some nuts or raisins or chocolate chips(optional).
Bake the cookies
- Bake the cookies in a 375F preheated oven for 12-14 minutes.The baking duration may vary according to the size of the cookies.Bigger cookies need more baking time.Note that the cookies will seem underdone ,right out of the oven. That’s okay, they will firm up as they cool.Remove from the oven and cool on the baking sheet for 3-4 minutes, then transfer the cookies to a wire rack to finish cooling.They will be quite soft until completely cooled.Enjoy!
Saturday 26th of February 2022
Hey there would you mind stating which blog platform you're using? I'm planning to start my own blog in the near future but I'm having a tough time making a decision between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal. The reason I ask is because your layout seems different then most blogs and I'm looking for something unique. P.S Sorry for being off-topic but I had to ask!
Thursday 30th of December 2021
I have discovered that rates for on-line degree gurus tend to be an incredible value. For example a full 4-year college Degree in Communication with the University of Phoenix Online consists of Sixty credits from $515/credit or $30,900. Also American Intercontinental University Online provides a Bachelors of Business Administration with a total program element of 180 units and a tariff of $30,560. Online studying has made getting the certification far more easy because you can earn your degree from the comfort of your abode and when you finish from work. Thanks for other tips I have really learned through the website.
Saturday 25th of December 2021
That is a very good tip especially to those new to the blogosphere. Brief but very precise info… Thanks for sharing this one. A must read post!
Wednesday 22nd of December 2021
I used to be able to find good information from your blog posts.
Sunday 19th of December 2021
Hi there! I simply want to offer you a big thumbs up for the great info you have got right here on this post. I'll be returning to your blog for more soon.